How do you deal with this?

The people im staying with (friend and his parents) have been calling me lazy, a bad mom and selfish.... all because i let my son have cerial... cherrios... for breakfast... they lectured about how unhealthy it is... then said it was GOD that was speaking through them... Psycho much? they dont eat anything processed or pasturized... no milk, no juice, no sugar, no fructose corn syrup (which comes in almost everythiing) everything has to be organic... and they are so mean to my kids! im tryin to get back home but waiting for childsupport to come in... how can i keep from killing them in the meantime?

trystons_mommy

Asked by trystons_mommy at 4:02 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• thank them for their opinion and walk away... even if you are staying with them, you don't have to take that.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 4:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• i agree with both of the previous posters he obviously isn't your friend and just say ok thanks and walk off. Leave as soon as you can
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 4:12 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 4:20 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Why don't they eat things that have been pasturized? Maybe I am behind on the latest info but pasturizing is meant to kill microbes what do they have against it? Do they pay for your son's food? Organic is expensive! lol
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 4:47 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I understand their stance, because I practice most of what they do, but why be so judgy? Seriously, you are no way a lazy, bad mother because you gave you kid Cherrio's for breakfast. These people are way too up their own butts.
    I don't know how you'd address this with them, perhaps a simple " I know you guys have a different view point on food than I do, but this is my life and my child, so please, keep your comments to yourself."
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 5:20 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• That's not much of a friend if he treats you the same way.
    They sound as though they're Vegan, which is a perfectly natural lifestyle. It is healthy for you. They speak that way about you giving cheerios to your son, because Cheerios are proccessed and not natural. It's a man made product, and if they are Vegan they don't eat anything man made. They eat souly natural products and none that contain anything with animal products in them. Which by the way, is easy to do if you know what you're looking for.

That is their lifestyle and they have every right to live that way, but you chose not to live that way. Let them know that you appriciate their opinion, but you do not wish to live their lifestyle. It is your choice in how to raise your child. Do not let them be mean to your child. Stand up for yourself and let them know they're crossing the line.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:21 PM on Apr. 8, 2010