Should a man get away with not doing anything on the weekends with his son since he works all week and that he's lazy when it comes to helping me around the house.He has his own apartment and he won't lift a finger to clean his own so should I let him stay here on the weekends or be stress free(me that is) and he stay at his place?

mommys1luv

Asked by mommys1luv at 4:03 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• why do women have kids with men like this?!
    Anonymous

• i wouldn't let my girls father even step foot into my home. lol... you shouldn't have to worry about him.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 4:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• he can stay where he's at. that mess is just stupidity. my baby's father doesn't spend time with his son either (not even a phone call) and he hates paying child support. I don't care, just don't come near my baby ppsh
    Anonymous

• "why do women have kids with men like this?!"

Get ready for the truth - some men lie to get what they want. As soon as they feel like they've got a woman, either they're married or she's pregnant, whatever the case, suddenly he's back to his old self.

Anonymous

• wow my guy works til 1 in the morning most nights and he still cleans the apartment with me....there is NO excuse for that at all.
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:19 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• my dh works, helps me clean the house, takes care of our dd whenever i need a break. men lying is not an excuse. people need to think with the organ in the head, not the pants.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 4:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• yep men are players....as soon as they get what they want they turn off the charm and turn back into themselves again.
    My ex was staying at my place on weekends so he could see the kids and they didn't have to be exposed to his lifestyle.
    It was nice to have him come over and me leave for 48 hours...then he got a GF ...he moved into her house and then had the kids over there....kids were exposed to all sorts of things...things he said would never happen because he was living with a woman. Turns out she was a druggie and child abuser.
    Anonymous

• I'd tell him just to pay the child support and stay away from me...oh yeah I did that with my own son's dad.
    Anonymous

• If he doesn't live with you, then he has no obligation to clean your home. That is your home, so it is your responsibility to clean up your own home. Just as it is his to clean up his home. As far as your child goes, he has 50% responsibility to him. Meaning caring for him and playing with him. He should be doing all that he can to care for your child. Just as you would.

If he were living with you then he would have as much responsibility in the home as you. That means caring for the child, cleaning, and supporting the home financially. Working all week does not get him out of his repsonibilities.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2010