How do I make smoothies with a smoothie maker?

My husband bought me this smoothie maker, it looks like a blender but it has a spicket to pour out the smoothie.
So what are some ideas on how to use this bad boy, lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• it should have a manual....
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• buy bags of frozen fruit or berries, that way you don't have to add ice, add your favorite kind of juice about half way after adding the fruit, you can also add fresh fruit with the frozen fruit, and liquefy it. it's SO good and so refreshing on hot days
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:17 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• op here......So all I need is frozen fruit and juice? can I add yogurt or ice cream to the fruit
    Anonymous

• You need a recipe, because just adding a bunch of stuff together can make it turn out bad. You'll need a specific amount of ice, yogurt, fruit, etc. Go to Kraftfoods.com, Cooks.com, Foodnetwork.com, allrecipes.com for recipes on smoothies. Or search google .. "Smoothie Recipes."
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Oh, I have one of those, mine needs to have liquids put in it first (milk), then you can add your fruit and or veggies and ice cubes. Make sure that thing doesn't over heat...mine does that really easily. Btw, it doesn't need frozen fruit or juice, innless you want a smoothie made out of one.

This is what I do for a banana smoothie: put in about 1 cup and 1/2milk, one or two bananas, and lots of ice, like maybe 15 cubes. You can add a teaspoon of vanilla extract too, I can't since I’m pregnant, but it's yummy. You could apply the same idea to any other type of fruit smoothie. The really good ones do have yogurt..If you add ice-cream and milk, then you will make a milk shake
    madamlinwe

Answer by madamlinwe at 5:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• frozen blueberries, frozen banana, kale (lots of calcium and iron), orange juice or kiwi or another vitamin C source (to increase the absorbtion of the C); yogurt

Answer by rkoloms at 10:32 PM on Apr. 8, 2010