Did anyone have a relationship that broke down after you had a baby regardless of how long you were together before the baby came?

My sister and her ex were together for six years before they got married, they were married for two years when they had their daughter but within months after my neice was born her father - who has been a friend to me and the rest of my family since we were 7 years old changed dramatically. Like he became a completely different person. He'd disappear for days and would fight with my sister and even me and my brothers over the slightest things. Needless to say my sister divorced him less than a year after my neice was born. Following the divorce my sister became close to my brother-in-law and the two are now married and have a baby. My sister's ex, Troy, was barely around for his daughter after my sis divorced him and stopped coming around all together when she became engaged to someone else though Troy claims Renae (my neice) doesn't need him cuz she has a new daddy - but he stopped being a dad long before that. (continued)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• (continued...) Now Ranae is 4 and has no idea who Troy is. Ryan (my sister's husband) had always been daddy to her. I also have a friend, Devin, who was with his ex-girlfriend for four years before they had a son, Danny, and about a year after Danny was born his mom decided she didn't want to be tied down with a family so she just took off. She hasn't seen Danny since he was 15 months old - he's now 5. I was just wondering if anyone else experienced similiar things in their relationships.
    Anonymous

• A lot of people just are not into children. It's a lot of responsibility but most don't realize it until after the child is born. Sad.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:32 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• No I haven't or anyone I konw. I'm so sorry about the situation. Its probably better the children are better off without they're dead beat fathers.
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 4:34 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• My dh and I did. We were married 9 years before we had our first son. I guess I'm the one who changed. I wasn't carefree and ready to go at.a moments notice any more. I didn't want to leave my child, I wanted us to do things as a family. He started hanging at his friends house and going on week long trips for fishing and such. We worked things out and had a second child since (he's 2). I guess he just wasn't ready to settle down then.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 4:34 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I've had 2 relationships like that. My ex-husband abandoned me a year after our daughter was born. He wasn't really even there before he left though. He'd work and go strait to his mothers house until it was time for him to get a new outfit for work that next day. My current relationship seems to be going down the pooper now that my youngest is here. Sometimes men are assholes....really. They're jealous little babies and can't handle their women giving attention to anyone other than them. They can't handle sharing or putting family 1st. Thankfully not all men are like that.

Anonymous