This is crazy.

Effective as soon as the healthcare bill was signed- Prohibition on revoking insurance for patients who falsify applications to fraudulently obtain private insurance coverage( however penalties for fraud against federal health programs are increased)

Personally, I wouldn't want that person on my insurance plan. I thought they were going to try and stop fraud. So they don't put these people in jail they just fine them and let them keep the insurance? Really I think they should go to jail and have government jail cell coverage. Wonder what the fine is.

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 4:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Interesting, Steph. So fraud is now allowed on health insurance applications. It figures.

What other interesting facts will emerge in the coming months?
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 6:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I'm just glad Texas is suing...with 15 other states. Maybe we can get this thing thrown out and start over with a brand-new set of minds. (In other words...don't vote incumbent!)
    singnstitch

Answer by singnstitch at 7:21 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Wow, with these people, everything is just peachy! Lie, cheat ,steal, hey it's okay, no worries!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 10:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• What happened to that bit about getting rid of the fraud, waste, and abuse? Or is that only for certain people? I am beginning to think that they WANT people to lie, cheat, steal, etc. They don't seem to punish anyone who steals or cheats......at least if they have a D behind their name.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:27 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I don't have a cute eagle avatar so I am not part of your clique. Therefore, I cannot answer.
    Anonymous

• 29again,

Why would it matter if peole lie, cheat and steal?

Congress and the president do it all the time.
    Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 12:13 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Considering they probably falsified information because they had a condition which would inhibit them from obtaining insurance, I think it's just fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Apr. 9, 2010