is it a good idea? "what goes around comes around? is payback to hubby good?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Doing what he does makes you the same as him. I can totally understand you being hurt but going and blowing money isnt going to teach him anything. He obviously doesnt care about the budget anyway. It is time for a heart to heart but 2 wrongs dont make a right.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:46 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• depends on the situation . . .
    cheating because he did? - not good
    "forgetting" a special occasion because he did - might get a point across
    Anonymous

• no, it's not good, just because you can make a situation worse. plus, if you seek revenge for something then your just as guilty as he is. even a hypocrite.
    Anonymous

• no you should not "payback" someone you love. If you mean he did you a favor and you want to pay him back with a favor then it is ok. You are supposed to do stuff to foster your relationship. this is your life partner..the one person who has your back. It is not a good idea to pay him back for soemthing bad he did if you want the marriage to work. It would be more beneficial if you had a conversation about how it made you feel and what you expect of him in the future.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• No, because then it's like revenge. Remember that while an eye for an eye may sound good, it will eventually leave the whole world blind. It's better to talk about whatever is bothering you then to get "pay back". Now, if he is teasing you and playing practical jokes, then you can get "pay back" by playing a practical joke, just make sure it's all in good humor.
    Anonymous

• Well just like you said "what goes around comes around".

If someone does something bad to you then it will come back and bite them in the ass one day.
    If you retaliate and do something bad to someone who has done something bad to you, then all you're doing is setting yourself up for something else bad to happen to you.

Be the bigger person and let the universe take care of the rest.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 4:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• depends on what it is. I dont believe in that saying if the "revenge" is done on purpose.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Okay maybe some more details--- he went out for 2 nights, well later I found out to a strip club one of those nights spent 200.00 dollars from money I was trying to stretch as far as I could. Mean while Im at home with the kids like always just waiting for him to get home.
    Anonymous

• I don't agree with "Payback" unless it's a harmless situation. Like prank on prank.
    I agree with ria7.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:58 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• No. Payback is immature and selfish. It will only cause further harm and damage to the marriage.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2010