A what if, question about MTV's 16 & Pregnant.....

So the show pretty much has showed how hard it is on he moms ( most of the guys turn out to be buttheads, most dont get to see friends anymore, and most dont get to go back to school when they want to, etc.)

What if there was a teen mom who finished school early ( before she had the baby) , and married the father who had a very good job, and basically lived the life of a "regular" ( older) mom..... do you think they would even show an episode like that....or would that be fantasizing teen pregnancy too much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• the whole show is to portray a typical teenager's expirience with getting pregnant. As a minor, in school, not married...etc.
    Anonymous

• i love that show! and yes they would do an episode like that. have you seen "teen mom" ? it's a show that follows the moms after 16 and pregnant.
    Anonymous

• OP HERE

yes i have seen teen mom ( i love both shows) ... but I just didnt know if they would actually show someone like that....

and to the first poster...each of the girls are different, so it isnt like they are at all typical...I actually heard one of them did get married ( was suppose to be on teen mom) ....
    Anonymous

• Maybe if it ever happened they would show it, but the statistics are against it. Yes I know one person who did it. They got married, stayed together, had another kid. But that was because mommy and daddy were in a position to give them handouts and they got free use of her dead grandmothers home with no rent to pay. Heck most marriaged wouldn't end in divorce if finances were not an issue. But that is not reality.
    Anonymous

• I wish they had this show when I was a teen mom .... * you basically described me* I met my husband, finsihed school early, and ( purposly) got pregnant with my daughter...bought a nice house, planned my second child, etc...

but I dont think they would show a story like that because I think alot of girls would think it can turn out that way for them as well...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 4:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• i think the show just shows the drama sides . . . but answer me this do you think that some teens will end up becoming pregnant now to be the show? lol
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 4:46 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I agree with nava ...

and I do think there are a few girls out there who will do it just to be on the show ( or atleast think they could be on it) .... but these are probably also the girls who would end up getting pregnant as teens anyways ( and end up on Maury ) lol
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 4:47 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Most likely not. They're trying to discourage teen pregnancy and showing a scenario as you explained would counteract that. They, I'm sure, give kudos to those teen parents who've made something of themselves despite getting pregnant. However, they still are trying to show teens that it's not smart to get pregnant in high school. Which is why they show the struggle, the hardship, the fights, the drama, etc. They want to show the more common reality. Plus, it makes for better ratings.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:56 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I don't think the show sows enough reality. they need to show the girls counting out their last 10 bucks and buying diapers all the while the friends are taking their 10 bucks to the movies.
    They need to show the financial struggles....not these babies coming into the world with top of the line baby stuff.
    Anonymous

• They show all kinds of different situations for the girls. They've shown girls that have tried to be adults and move in with their boyfriends, in that case they show how hard a relationship is when you move too fast and have to live together when you're still a teen. I really love that show, I was a teen mom. I feel for the girls even though it was their fault they got pregnant.. its tough, a teen thinks they know everything until they actually have to deal with it. That's just part of being a teen, also the thinking "it'll never happen to me"
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 7:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2010