my daughter went And got her hair chopped, the stylist gave her a pony tail and told her to donate it to locks of love. How does she do that? I thought the stylist took care of it

Or should I just have her give it to another hair dresser or maybe throw it away

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• google "locks of love"
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 4:34 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Don't throw it away look up the address. My salon doesn't do it so I have always had to mail mine myself
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 4:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• yes usually the hair salon does the work. they have the person fill out a form and they do the rest. I guess you could go to the locks of love website and ask there? I mean i'm sure they accept hair beyond salons anyways....
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• the hairdresser has nothing to do with locks of love. They don't give them your hair lol
    Anonymous

• you have to mail it in...just google locks of love!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• my other daughter and my sister have donated to locks of love through the stylist they went to
    Anonymous

• it depends on the salon! The place I go to mails it out for me
    Anonymous

• Go to the "Locks of Love" website and ask how you donate the hair.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Our stylist won't mail in locks of love hair on behalf of her clients as part of a rule of the business she works for.

Apparently there have been issues all over the nation with stylists taking the hair and selling it instead of mailing it in for donation. So it's best to just mail it in yourself.
    Anonymous

• I went to a salon other than the one I normally use when I donated because they were willing to mail it for me.

Answer by missanc at 9:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2010