Too salty

I put a roast in the crockpot but after I dumped the broth on it I started thinking I may have made it too salty. What can I do to absorb some salt? Will a few cut potatoes work? How long will I have to leave them in the broth...it has already been cooking all day.

Thanks!

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 4:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• ya, some more potatoes should do it. If you add extra potatoes (like 2-3) it will need an extra 20 to 40 mintues I do believe.
    madamlinwe

Answer by madamlinwe at 4:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Is this the first time you've done it? I wouldn't think it'd be too salty.
    Anonymous

• This is the first time I made it like this. I've used the crockpot for roast before but I used 2 beef cubes dissolved in water and some worchestershire and some Mixed up pepper, as an after thought I threw in a dry pkg of onion soup mix. Jsut afraid it was over kill I will taste it before I try to fix it! thanks for the answers.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Potatoes may help and maybe add a little more water.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:19 PM on Apr. 8, 2010