Do you think a mom who....

excessivly(sp) parties, drinks, does drugs, and puts multiple men befor her child/children, should have her child/children taken away ? ( or should turn them over to the father/fahters)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes!
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 4:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Yes.
    madamlinwe

Answer by madamlinwe at 4:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Uh, yeah.

If she is more interested in partying than in being a mom then the kids should go to someone who can take care of them and love them and give them a safe, secure and loving home.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 4:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Anyone who harms their kids should have to go through counseling to keep them.

Anonymous

• my friend went through that phase. She was going through a divorce and put herself before her kids. She partied hard, went out all the time, she went to her neighbors and popped pills but she felt it was ok and safe because she had the baby monitor with her, she slept around, she became militant towards her kids when it came to discipline...she was just a crazy bitch. Thankfully it caught up to her and she realized how stupid she was. I felt so bad for the kids and I think they would have done better with their dad, who shared custody. They always seemed much sadder when they had to go back to their mom from their dad on the weekends.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:47 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Yes. Though the children should be placed in the care of a responsible relative. Whether that be the father, a grandparent, an aunt/uncle, or adult cousin. If a parent is unable to grow up, take responsibility for their children then the children should be taken away. Especially if there are frequent parties, alcohol, and drugs involved. No child deserves a life in the "care" of a parent who cannot be responsible.

The reason I say they should be placed in the care of a responsible relative, is because they should stay within the family. No child should be seperated from their family completely, unless there isn't any other alternative. However, if the mother (or both parents) cannot properly care for the children due to their careless lifestyle, then the children should be removed from the home.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:47 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• It would depend on a lot of things. Like what is considered "excessive" partying? And who is caring for the kids while she is doing these things? Also, are they going to be better with the fathers? If the fathers know what is going on and aren't speaking up, they can't be much better. Drugs and Alcohol aren't healthy, however, if they aren't being done in the presence of the kids, or the kids are being cared for somewhere else while this is going on (by a grandparent or sitter) and the mother isn't driving while influenced, the kids aren't in any danger. I guess, what I'm saying is on your description alone, I couldn't make a decisive ruling one way or another... There are to many factors which aren't listed here and without them, it's impossible to know what would be best for the children.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:50 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• *OP HERE *

well I was actually sking in general....but I did have someone in mind when I thought of this question.... this girl usually leaves the kids in the other room ( asleep or awake..she leaves the tv in their room on) .... she has drove with them while drunk! ....the fathers of both of them live in other states and keep them for like 2 weeks at a time every so often, and they are really to young to be like "dad, mom is partying" ....
    Anonymous

• Yes! I think so because if you are putting these things before your children that is proof that you dont love them! A mother that cared for her kids would do that on her own time, not during the time she has her kids or she just wouldnt do that at all! Plus putting that lifestyle on a pedestal to show your kids what you think is really important (partyin and such in this situation) teaches them that they are worthless, that you rather do these things than be a mother that loves her kids! If you wanna party, do drugs and do all that crap then its simple... dont become a parent! Parenting is a gift and a privilege if you live this lifestyle and put your kids on the back burner, then maybe someone else should be raising your kids instead of the babysitter!! Isnt this child neglect? Or abuse? Its not right! Grow up or give them up, cause if a parent acts like this they dont deserve kids!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 5:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• If she is leaving them in the care of people who are not trustworthy or has them around when she does these things yes. It also depends on if the father is responsible.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:26 PM on Apr. 8, 2010