How much would you spend------?

Hey guys what is the most you would spend on gift baskets for the following occasion and what price would motivate you to buy now. THANKS!

Mother's Day/Father's Day-
Baby Shower-
Children's birthday-
Teacher's Gift-
Holiday-
Adult birthday-
Graduation-
Religious gift (ie Baptism, Christening etc)-
Bosses Day-

What other events would you buy a gift basket for? Thanks ladies for your input!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'd never give a premade gift basket, because it seems too unpersonal. I would not spend anything on gift baskets.
    Anonymous

• Well, for mother's or father's day i use to give gifts, but now i just go over and spend time with my parents..i even offer to help make something.

For a baby shower..anything really, it's not l ike they have to know, it's really the thought that counts there, they are probably just happy to get something.
    Children's b-day: your children or someone elses? either way, I just try to stay under $10.00, it's kinda like the baby shower, it's not like the child has to know.
    Teachers- um..if you really want to go that route..i say less than 5.00
    holiday- 30.00-50.00 depending on who you are a buying for (for us anyways)
    adult- same as child, inless you are close..then $20.00
    graduation-depends on how close you are..anywhere between 50.00-100.00..inless there is something cheap for an apartment they might really like
    religious gifts- it would think that would be up to you
    boss day- a nice card..or less then $5
    Anonymous

• What about if they were not impersonal like they had handmade customized crafts/foods/ etc in them? What types of products in them would you consider?
    Anonymous

• I have seen very few gift baskets that I was really impressed by... they seem to have a ton of filler items.  If they were full of really great items it wouldnt be as cost effective.

I have spent good money on sending food... gourmet things. I have bought cookie bouquets, and fruit bouquets. But other than that I would rather send a specific item.

Anonymous

• anon :52........ I dont really like to give craft items. I personally dislike knick knacks and would never give them.... I prefer to give practical items... or something that I know the person would use.

I would give a craft if there was sentimental value.... but what sentimental value would be found unless it was something that I made??  Seems odd to me to give a craft made by someone else.

Anonymous

• I don't buy gift baskets---it's just a bunch of overpriced junk I don't need. I'll select my own things to give a person and save a LOT of money. Sorry, in this economy, people can't afford to be wasteful or frivolous with their money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Nothing I make my own :)

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:15 AM on Apr. 9, 2010