What at home companies have you actually bought from?

Which at home companies have you actually purchased from? How often do you purchase from them and which companies would you absolutely never purchase from and why?

Some examples, Pampered Chef, Party Lite, Avon, Mark Kay....
I'd love to hear about any of these companies you've bought from not listed especially!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• I've bought from all, because i go to the parties to support those having them. I buy around $5 at each, just in support.
    Anonymous

• Avon, Lia Sophia,Pampered Chef
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 5:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I try to order from every new company I come accross. Because I do talk to a great number of women looking to start businesses. So far (off the top of my head) I have tried...

Avon, Pampered Chef, Tupperware, BeachBody, GreenSmoke, TeaPoria, PartyLite, Passion Parties, Brown Bag, Slumber Parties, Mary Kay, Melaleuca, Shaklee, Herbalife, Home Interiors and many many others...

The only one I can think of that I would NOT order from again is melaleuca. I was allergic to the products, they were overly expensive and were not as good as what I can get else-ware for cheaper... I'm also not much of a fan of MaryKay because I work for a cosmetics counter and my mom is an Avon lady - so if I want overly priced lipstick I can get it else-ware.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:07 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I have only bought something small to be a polite guest.

I really am not a huge fan of the house party.... You feel obligated to go because you friend is hosting.... you feel obligated to buy something because your friend is hosting.... You feel obligated to sit and smile at this woman pimping stuff you could buy any where at any time. I do like the wine, and I do like the chit chat (after the dang presentation). 

So... yes - I have bought... I didnt need any of it and use very little of it.

Anonymous

• Anon:37 - I have only bought something small to be a polite guest. I really am not a huge fan of the house party.... You feel obligated to go because you friend is hosting.... you feel obligated to buy something because your friend is hosting.... You feel obligated to sit and smile at this woman pimping stuff you could buy any where at any time. I do like the wine, and I do like the chit chat (after the dang presentation). So... yes - I have bought... I didnt need any of it and use very little of it.

This is EXACTLY how I feel about it.  I HATE feeling obligated to buy overpriced stuff that I don't need.  It's even worse than school fund raisers (which I also HATE) because your friends are asking you to spend money on stuff you don't want or need to raise funds for themselves; I could NEVER do that to my friends.

Anonymous

• Legal plans believe it or not.
    Ms.Ty123

Answer by Ms.Ty123 at 6:56 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I have bought from Avon, Melaleuca, Passions and Pampered Chef. I personally loved all their products and still order from all of them.
    Anonymous

• I have never bought from any of them

Answer by rkoloms at 8:16 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I try to support as many home businesses as I can. I believe in helping whoever I can support their families.

Here are the ones I can think of: Tupperware, Pampered Chef, Tastefully Simple, Wildtree, Purse Party, Beauticontrol, Herbalife, MaryKay, Dove Chocolates, Avon, Discovery Toys, Home Interior, Mia Bella, and the list goes on and on.

Some things I only buy when invited to parties and others I purchase on a monthly basis.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 8:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Pampered Chef, Avon, Slumber Parties, Usborne, and a locally owned candle company. I don't buy every month from them, only when I need something. I have loved every product that I have bought though.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2010