IS IT SAFE TO TAKE XANEX WHILE PREGNANT???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It hasn't been tested enough to know what the out come could be.Taking it in the 1st trimester is never a good idea. Taking it daily is also not a good idea. Saving it and taking it in low doses during panic attacks in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters is probably not going to do anything harmful. I took a half of the lowest mg Xanax 3 times (not in the same day) during my first pregnancy and my DD turned out fine. My OB didn't recommend ever taking it, but I had a huge panic attack that resulted in diarrhea and vomiting and I thought being calm was more important than not taking half an Xanax.
    Anonymous

• NO!! NO!! NO!!...do not try...not even worth the risk
    Anonymous

• why would you want to take such a chance? have you looked into chinese med? I'd try acupuncture
    Anonymous

• depends how far along you are and why you are taking it.....talk to your doc. I have the greenlight for ativan as needed and it is in the same family but I had to come off daily dose of klonopin and was switched to ativan due to a shorter half life of ativan effecting the baby.....you have to be careful, doc knows best, they had even ok'd me to go back on daily klonopin since I am in the 2nd trimester but I opted not to go back on maintenane but to take a shorter acting drug as needed instead....since I have already gone through the HELL of withdrawal in the first trimester and would have to go through it again a month before my baby is born, I don't want to put him or myself through that again.....good luck to you
    mysilentmorning

Answer by mysilentmorning at 6:03 PM on Apr. 8, 2010