Has anyone been to Discovery Cove in Orlando?

What did you think? Was it worth the money spent?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, I will never support the cruelty of animals by attending such horrendous places. PLEASE do some research to the treatment of animals and you will see how incredibly sad it is that humans think it is ok to keep such intelligent animals in such awful conditions. I would never take my son there and plan on educating him on what he can do to help marine mammals, not participate in their depression and death sentences. These animals are SO smart and SO family oriented.
    Lolita the Orca is kept in Florida in the worlds SMALLEST tank. Her life will be cut by 2/3 and she will suffer deeply. The dolphins are captured in the most inhumane ways (see the documentary THE COVE) and while they appear happy, they belong in the wild with their families.
    Please reconsider the nature of your vacation. Perhaps whale watching in the wild? Your kids will learn more seeing these animals in their natural habitats.

jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 5:34 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Can you whale watch in Florida?
    Anonymous

• I am not sure if the whales pass through Florida or not. You can probably google it. I am pretty sure that dolphins do though? Thanks for keeping an open mind. I dont mean to rant but these animals are so special to me. They are so human like.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 5:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I agree completely. I had no idea they were like that. It's sad how many things you have to watch out for. : (

Any suggestions of cool places near Tampa would be MUCH appreciated!
    Anonymous

• Isnt Florida where the new Harry Potter theme park is? I wont go because they are operated by the same company but it sounds soooo cool and you dont have to be that extreme. lol.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 6:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2010