Would you buy a single tube of lipstick to help children caught in domestic violence?

Mary Kay will donate 100 percent of it's profits from the sales of their APPLE BERRY lipsticks...check it out :)

Asked by missmarykay at 10:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• yea and where does that 100% go and whoever they donate it to what are they doing with the money.

Answer by ilovemybananer at 12:19 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• It goes to the Mary Kay Ash Charitable Foundation.

Answer by missmarykay at 12:54 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Charitable foundations that keep 80% or MORE of the $$ thats donated!!!   The salvation army for instance spends 90% of it's donations in overhead alone!  peddle your $14 lipstick in a group posting thats FOR that purpose please

Answer by vbruno at 1:12 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• No, I would not buy the lipstick. I do donate gently used clothing to a church where women who have been victim of domestic violence go to get clothes when they have left what they had behind. I do take part in an "adopt a family" for Christmas where we buy ALL the presents a family needs for Christmas, even for mom. I will write my story as inspiration so that moms who are struggling will know that they made the best choice for their children like my own mother did 20 years ago in the very same room they now sit. I'm sorry if you feel that this product is doing good. But I lived that life and I don't see that kind of stuff helping.

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Wow, that's harsh. I'm not a big Mary Kay fan, breaks me out... but I think it's great!! It says 100% of the profits. They make nothing of it. Avon sells a womens empowerment bracelet for $3 and $2.75 goes to the charity. I think it's wonderful that these big companies help!!

Answer by drowninginboys at 5:31 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• i wouldn't buy either, never been into the mary kay thing. But i also wouldnt be harsh like the pp either. there was NO sense in that comment really. i agree it says 100% profits not 5% geez maybe you should re-read and slow down maybe put on glasses so you see it better.

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• i agree with the pp on this no i wouldnt buy and how rude was she! (vbruno) i think it is great what they are doing with the profits 100% WOW! that's great as well. That's one thing Mary Kay & Avon old companies been around awhile, and still ding great things. good luck! hope you sell lots!

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 3:42 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I love Mary Kay and use it so I would probably buy it. I didn't think that she (vbruno) should have been that mean. I have noticed on a couple of other places she has answered and hasn't been rude to those people who put in there personal websites for makeup and such. Why now, is she the moderator of this website. Everyone should be nice.

Answer by army_love at 12:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• yes anything to help the kids!!

Answer by sadgirl1992 at 10:41 PM on Aug. 30, 2008