At Home Doppler

I'm almost 8 weeks pregnant, just wondering if any of you have bought the at home doppler to listen to your babies heartbeat. Does it really work? If I bought one now, would I be able to hear our babies heartbeat this early?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No you would not be able to hear it now. Drs don't even do it til about 12 weeks,.
    I have never wasted the money on it. Just remember you get what you pay for. If you ge ta cheap one it probably will never work
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• The doctor can actually hear it with a doppler at 9 weeks...I don't have an at home one, never tried it.
    Anonymous

• I have one and have had three babies and it never worked for any of my pregnancy's. You have to be far along (or get the expensive ones) the baby has to be in a specific position. the ONLY time it ever worked was RIGHT before my sister had her baby and the baby was pushing against her belly, she would lay on her stomach, hold her breath for a couple seconds you could hear it, lol.
    Anonymous

• I am the third answer on here I don't know why it says Anonymous anyways if you have any questions just email me, we got the simple doppler one that straps on your belly with two sets of headphones. Considering how early you are right now you won't hear anything.
    Mrs.Wills

Answer by Mrs.Wills at 6:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I tried to use one during my last pregnancy and it didn't work even at 9 months. I didn't even spend the money on batteries to use it for this one.. I can wait for my appt.
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 7:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• i have one i was able to pick up babies heartbeat at 11 weeks i use mine at least once a week i love it
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 7:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2010