Can you honestly say you never ever used baby talk with your kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes, I can honestly say I never spoke baby talk to our boys... I wouldn't let anyone else either, and didn't mind telling them to stop.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 5:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• With the children i am raising, yes. i can honestly say i have never used baby talk. i don't say things like blanky UNLESS that's the nickname the child gives the object all on his own. Which has not happened. :)

outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Yep. Well, once he was in school I did it for fun and do it now, but, not until then. Which is why he spoke full sentences by one and paragraphs by 18 months. And had a vocabulary so emmense and advanced, that he asked questions I couldn't answer back in an age appropriate way. LOL Like when he was a little over 1.5 and asked what are courts and judges for? I was like for bad people to get punishment...uh....ok? LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Yes, I can. When other people talked that way to my kids they always looked at them like they had three heads. lol I used "baby talk" a couple of times while teasing my kids when they were older, but never for real, not even when they were babies. Neither my husband's family nor mine talked baby talk to us either, so it's just not something we do.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 5:47 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Yes I have never
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 5:48 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• yes I can honestly say I have never talked baby talk to my kids. I could not bring myself to do it. It sounds silly to me.
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 5:55 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Yes, I can honestly say that I never used baby talk with my son, which is probably why he was speaking in full & complete sentences by the time he was 15 months old and asking me questions at age 4 like "mommy, what if we're all fake & just a part of somebody else's imagination? If they forget about us, will we disappear?". I kid you not, he really asked me that!
    Anonymous

• Yes
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 7:46 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Yes. I never saw the point of baby talk. My son's father, however, did. It bugged the heck out of me.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 8:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I barely did the whole baby talk thing, I heard that its better to actually speak to a child instead of babying your words to them...helps their speech development and boy is it true! My 3 year old has a very extensive vocabulary for her age!
    Princefan6684

Answer by Princefan6684 at 8:54 PM on Apr. 8, 2010