laws of immunity in a United States Church

Please site your source. If there is a person in a religious building, can the law enter said building and arrest the person? There is conflicting information here but no sources to back it up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• great, now that we know the truth maybe we can stop saying the police was powerless.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• It does not matter if they have immunity on earth. The judge will come and they will reap what they have sown. Hallelujah! Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 6:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• thank you, I ageree very much with you. That is not what I asked. I knew a police could not go into a church, a place of worship, but church property I have never heard of the law stoping at the church property line.
    Anonymous

• Some churches still so use santuary. Out of respect unless it is an iminent sit. the police will wait outside the church to make the arrest.
    Definition
    http://www.answers.com/topic/sanctuary

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4698249

If this is in reference to the pope responses no body said they can get sanctuary here they said they can use the Vatican for it.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• please don't make this personal hotmama. I am asking a question.
    Anonymous

• It's more a respect thing then a law. However if the cops are taken to court do to innocent injuries or distroyed property in can be worse.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:56 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• your links did not answer the question
    Anonymous

• I have looked and find conflicting information as well. From what I gather, it's a gray area dependent on the crime committed and the city in which it was committed. Technically, there is no law that prohibits law enforcement from entering a religious sanctuary to retrieve a criminal.

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 6:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• please don't make this personal hotmama. I am asking a question. I wasn't trying to I was making that clear because I was accused of it all day yesterday. I did so to prevent the thats not what you said yesterday, Sorry if I made it look the way you took it.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

The one should've taken you to the definition. The other should have shown you the example of what I was referring. It is a gray area. All you find is conflicting things depending on location and church.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2010