How do I get my 3 month old to sleep somewhere other than her carseat?

My 3 month old has been sleeping very well in her carseat next to my bed at night and for naps and I am trying to get her to sleep in her basinett. I have stuffed rolled up blankets etc in under the mattress to make if feel more like the carseat but IF she sleeps in it, it's only for about 45 min. Any advice???

Amam

Asked by Amam at 5:50 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well first off it's been proven that sleeping in the carseat cuts off 19% of oxygen, but I'm sure you knew that. For my daughter she was like that too and once she fell asleep in my arms I would lay my cheek on her cheek and lower her slowly into her crib never breaking contact until she was in the bed. Then I would slowly lift away. For my stubborn baby she only slept in the portable mattress that comes with pillows on their sides to make them sleep straight and it made her comfortable. I hope that helps if you need more details you can email me. Baby's love to be chuddle lol it's hard to break them of that. Good luck =)
    Mrs.Wills

Answer by Mrs.Wills at 6:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• let her sleep in it lol
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 6:03 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• My little girl, who just turned 6 months, slept in a boppy swing til about a month ago. We could never get her to sleep in her bassinet, but would sleep in her boppy on the couch. So one day I saw a swing, kinda like a papisan swing, in a baby magazine and figured we'd give it a try. This was when she was around a month old. . It worked wonders!! It didn't help that we didn't have a room to put up a crib at the time, and we weren't really worried about it cause we were moving, but you could try it. The one I had is a "Boppy" travel swing. Since we've recently moved we now have a room for her and she switched to her crib like it was nothing. . No matter what, you will figure something out, just keep trying different things til you find something that works.
    Guedo23

Answer by Guedo23 at 6:49 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• My DD was the same. She slept in her carseat by my bed until she was 4 months. Finally I just decided enough was enough and I put her down in her crib. She woke up almost EVERY hour for the first 3 nights and had to be rocked or nursed back to sleep, but she finally got the idea and started to sleep for 2-4 hours at a time. I agree with a pp, just keep trying different things til you find what works. Good luck!
    silvia316

Answer by silvia316 at 6:59 PM on Apr. 8, 2010