In your first stages of pregnancy did you have killer gas??

Sorry gross but I have some killer gas in my stomach that doesn't want to pass. It hurts to move, what can I take to get rid of it. Has anyone had this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had insane amounts of gas during my first pregnancy. It was horrible.

Instead of taking something for it, try going on your hands and knees and then putting your bum up in the air.
    Have your face and shoulders on the floor.
    Top half of your body down and push your bum up as high as you can while arching your back.
    It seriously works.
    Sometimes rocking from side to side in that position helps the gas shift as well.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 5:58 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I'll try it, if it doesn't work it will give my kids something to laugh at.
    Anonymous

• My sister and I ( I have three kids, she has one and is pregnant) both did and she does right now. We had Cramping gas pains it does hurt. But sometimes when I did squats or lunges, just tiny ones, and that helped. Hope you feel better =)
    Mrs.Wills

Answer by Mrs.Wills at 6:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I'm very early just 5 weeks. should I be feeling this bad with gas already?
    Anonymous

• Technically you can be feeling all types of syptoms that early. It all depends on how your body is reacting to the pregnancy. Google on what types of foods cause gas and see if what you are eating is causing it. Drink lots of water. Guessing this is your first baby, your body is trying to get used to something exteremly different. With all my kids I had horrible stomach problems until I gave birth and got constipated. So you never know.
    Mrs.Wills

Answer by Mrs.Wills at 6:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Actually this is my 3rd however I haven't been pregnant for over 13 years and do not remember anything about my first 2 pregnancy's just giving birth.
    Anonymous

• Apparently if you squat and hobble around like a crab it's supposed to help as well. Lol.

I had major gas pains really early on in my first pregnancy. I had to get over my fear of farting in front of my SO really quick. Ha ha ha!
    I used to do the bum in the air trick all of the time and it helped. My SO would rub circles on my back and even pat me like he was burping me. I suppose you could say he "farted" me. Ha ha ha!

Hopefully it gets better soon.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 7:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• The thing is I am sitting in my house all alone and it would be a perfect time to just let one rip, but I cant. I'm trying but nothing will come out. It hurts and my stomach is so bloated I look 9 months pregnant.
    Anonymous