Just got a new job, but now confused

The job that I just got was meant to be a job between jobs. I actually plan on returning to school to finish my degree. Reason, I was asked to send a resume to a medical company once I got my degree. I'm not far from graduating.

The confusing part, I was given a higher position that is responsible for two departments. The pay isn't very high, but I will get a lot of hours. I thought that I would just get a lower position that I would be barely visible. The problem, I feel very guilty since I plan on staying only four months. I'm so confused.

Is it ok to quit after four months when I was given the position, if I plan on returning to school? Would quitting after a short time make relations bad? I feel very guilty!! Help!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• Don't feel guilty. The company wouldn't feel guilty if they need to fire you or lay you off. Do what you need to do but just make sure that you give the proper amount of notice when you leave. Never burn bridges.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 6:26 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Give lots of notice, so you can have an orderly transition.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:17 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Should have been honest with them in the interview of the intention of returning back to school.

Anonymous