22 month old eats nothing!

My son hasn't eaten anything in the last three days. The minute I try to feed him he throws a tantrum. I've tried every food you can think of. I know it's because his grandparents give him sweets when I'm gone. Please don't give the "He'll eat when he's hungry, he won't starve himself" because I know not eating for three days straight can't be too healthy. It's been like this the last couple of weeks.

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 6:03 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• im confused . . . has it been a couple of weeks, or three days?
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 6:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• He does this in cycles. Sorry for the confusion.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 6:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• so he eats for a few days and then stops for a few days? is he a normal weight?does he have regular bowel movements? does he drink plenty of milk and water? sometimes my kids fill up on liquid and won't eat anything. if he has a normal amount of energy, i don't think you need to worry. he's at that age where he wants everything to be on his terms. this is most likely part of that phase. however, if you're worried about it effecting his general health, track his habits for a few weeks. write down everything he eats and drinks. you'll probably feel much better after seeing it on paper. if you're still worried, take the list to the doctor.
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 6:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2010