For anyone that can work hair typical to African-Americans...

how do I get my daughter's hair to lay down? Like, I want to put her hair in ponytails, but I don't want them to be little afro puffs because I just want something a little different this time around. She's only 19 months and a straightening comb definitely isn't going to be put to it this young. Anything kid-friendly I can use to make her hair lay down some? Her hair is quite thick and long.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well if you dont want to flat iron it the only this is going to be a kiddy perm or braid her pony tail downs. the only thing is going to be a kid perm.. but if i was you i would just flat iron her hair bc she is young
    deverrick

Answer by deverrick at 7:08 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• A million little twists. It used to take me a long time to do them but as her hair got longer I could make bigger sections.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 7:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2010