What can I do now...

I am only 15 weeks pregnant and the only one working right now and I am having crazy ligament pains and the job I have now is a cashier job, so im on my feet all day and constently moving back and forth. Does anyone know of anything I can do right away to start earning money so I can stay at home instead of standing all day behind a register?

K_Cutee

Asked by K_Cutee at 6:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• ask them to give you a chair. I had an employee who worked my register and she sat on a bar stool. IT helped her and she could still work.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 6:26 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching

Answer by rkoloms at 8:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I agree to ask for a stool to sit on. You may have to get a doctors note that says that you need it, after that you should find working a while longer more bearable.
    Anonymous

• You can check out my ideas:   Mavi's Home Work.

Be sure to read the work at home article series from eHow.    Work at Home Article Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:46 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Discovery Toys is perfect for you. You work as much as you want. You can get started right away when you join on my secure website: discoverytoyslink.com/akbethesmith

And after you have your precious baby he/she can be your official "toy tester". It is a fun carrer that can earn you some serious money. Hope to hear from you soon. And I hope that the ligament pain gets better soon.

Bethe'

Bethesmith

Answer by Bethesmith at 9:19 PM on Apr. 10, 2010