making that leap

ok I'm making that leap...how do I stay strong? I'm leaving behind the man I love but doesn't respect me and treat me the way I need to be. I hurt because I'm carrying his baby and finding out tomarrow what it is..he is a weight on my shoulders a hard headed man that doesn't care about anyone but himself.. please how can I stay strong? He's good for leaving and then walking back into my life but I can't take it anymore! and need him to just stay gone. this back and fourth thing with us has been going on to long now. how do I do this and stay strong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• focus on yourself and your child. i know it's hard, but the best thing you can teach your child is respect for himself and for others. you can't teach it if you don't live it. hang in there
    Anonymous

• Just tell yourself how much better you and your child's life will be without him coming in and out. You and your child NEED stability, not fluctuation in relationships. It will be hard, but you will be better off in the long run! Sometimes having a friend there when you tell them you don't want them around makes it easier, to kind of have someone on your side.
    Hezekiahs_mom

Answer by Hezekiahs_mom at 6:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• If it's going back and forth are you sure it's really over? Have you guys tried to work thing out with a 3rd party involved such as counseling? You will know when you've had enough, you just need to pull the strenght to walk away otherwise he will have you in this yoyo. good luck ((huggs))
    Anonymous

• THANKS ALL the man has an alchole problem and has went to an old fling when we fought tons of times...he's no good but yes I do love him it makes him harder bc he's one of those guys that are sweet talkers and suck me right back in..but really i'm tired and emotionally drained...I just need to keep myself from being sucked in it didn't work the first time its not going to work this time.
    Anonymous

• I dont know the level of abuse you have been put through with this man, but there is a support group in cm called, "Domestic Violence Survivors Power of Being Free" Im an administrator in that group and we have gals in there all the time who are pregnant and trying to get out of a bad relationship. Even though he might not physically hit you, doesnt mean he isnt emotionally abusing you. Since you said he goes out and has flings, that is certainly emotional abuse.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 6:51 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• there was ALOT of emotional abuse. but I tried to see love over it.
    mommy2be402

Answer by mommy2be402 at 9:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• can u go visit a friend for a bit just to get away in a different place and have some time to clear your head. if not u have to have faith in yr self and yr deision to make it without him. u really will b better off. now say it as much as u need to even out loud ifnecessary until u believe it. good luck.
    emily1234

Answer by emily1234 at 10:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2010