Why is it so hard to find a good business!

Why is it so hard to find something to do at home that works that you can make money doing it?

Becky197534

Asked by Becky197534 at 6:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• I sell Scentsy....and I've made some good money with it. I'm happy to help if you have any questions or want more detail.

www.scentsy.com/my2scents
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 9:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• You need to find something that you're passionate about. People fail because they quit. I found my home business on here, and I'm so glad I did. No one ever said building a business was going to be easy, but hard work does pay off.
    Anonymous

• Or just something for extra money that you do online
    Becky197534

Answer by Becky197534 at 7:02 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• It's not really that hard. The first step is to decide what is important to you. What can you get passionate about? Do you want/need ongoing training? Are you interested in team building? Do you want a product or service? Residual commission or Flat? How many hours are you willing to work? And how do you wish to work?

Once you answer those questions and decide what is important to you, finding a company that fits you is rather easy. You just have to be ready to do some searching... And you need to know, too, first that home businesses DO take time to build and get started. An income isn't just going to roll in because you join a company. It takes LOTS of work!

Let me know what you are looking for, I would be happy to point you towards a company that will best fit your needs...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:15 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Home business work you just can't get rich quick there is NO such thing. Most of the time you need to have a lot of friends and family to help you out and spread the word of your home business.
    I have a home business now but let me tell you its a working progress everyday. Its not something you will get rich on overnight, but you have to work hard and hard work pays off. Plus I help moms work from home and it works.
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 7:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching

Answer by rkoloms at 8:12 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• When I first started to look for something to do from home I found every scam I think that is out there. They skew the ideas of many that you can start a business and make money quickly. For some this happens but for many it is hard consistent work. So many people quit within 6 months because they are not making money. If you started a traditional business you wouldn't close the doors after 6 months of being open. You need to market your product or service and yourself. Find something that you love- wellness, weight loss, health care, home decor, scrapbooking, etc and go from there. This makes it much easier to let other people know what you are doing and also enjoy yourself even when you first start and are not making very much money.
    Anonymous

• When you decide on a buisness make sure that you find one that has lots of training, personal calls, team calls, and buisness calls. Team meetings are very helpful. It is importiant that you have a upline that is willing to support and train you. Also, I know that it was said before you have to represent a product and a company that is well established and something that you would be proud to represent.
    Bethesmith

Answer by Bethesmith at 8:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Sounds like you just haven't found the right opportunity yet keep searching there are so many out there. I love what I do and I do it mostly from home online. I have a sticker in my back window and people are always commenting on it and asking what I do! I also have car magnets and I get a lot of questions on those as well. And I love the fact that we have no products to lug around and no home parties to throw! Good luck in your search.

Linda
    www.Lindashomecareer.com
    Lindles

Answer by Lindles at 10:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Its not, the problem is that you are expecting to much to fast, i only know of 2 programs you can expect fast results, but you got to get off your butt!

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:18 AM on Apr. 9, 2010