Is this a Postitive or negative Pregnancy Test?

I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative the next day i went to throw it away and it showed positive. So I took another Brand Pregnancy test and it showed negative. When I read the instructions it said not to read a NEGATIVE result after 10 minutes. Does that mean a positive result can be read after 10 minutes... What do you ladies think?

The Doc's didn't have an appt. til next week and I need a lil peace of mind!!!
TIA

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I think what you were looking at was an evaporation line. The results are negative.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 6:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Never read a pregnancy test after the time it states.. It is not accurate.. You have had 2 negative test results. Chances are you are not pregnant or it is too early for the test to pick up the hormones..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:46 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I agree I think it's negative as well. Wait a few more days if you haven't started af and take another one.
    jharve

Answer by jharve at 6:47 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Negative, sounds like you really want to see a + sign good luck on that.
    Anonymous

• Once you read the test, toss it. Positive must show up in the time allotted in the instructions. Sorry, not pregnant.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:56 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Evaporation lines show up and will give a false positive very often and that is why they say not to read a test after 10 minutes or so. If you get a positive it doesn't disappear after 10 minutes which is likely why it is worded that way on the package.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:59 PM on Apr. 8, 2010