Induction Opinions

Not trying to start a debate here... But everyday someone gets on and asks how they can start labor at home. I understand that castor oil and a few other things are risky and that's why they shouldn't be done.
But here's the thing. Everyone says "Nothing will start labor unless your body's ready." And then in the same answer say "Why would you risk hurting your child by being born early?"
If it wouldn't help until your body is ready, then how is it risking a preemie?

jenwmuot

Asked by jenwmuot at 7:00 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well i have always heard about massages.. you massage all your pressure points mainly in you feet and then walk alot and SEXXXXXX
    deverrick

Answer by deverrick at 7:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• If you try to force your body you can cause unneeded stress on the body which YES can affect baby.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:15 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I tried to make my baby come. My third child lasted untl 41 weeks. NOTHING worked it is when your body is ready and now that I realize that I should have just waited because it would have relieved a LOT of stress.
    Mrs.Wills

Answer by Mrs.Wills at 7:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Because people dont know what there talking about or they do but they will lie to you so that you dont try anything to start labor. Basically there trying to scare you but most of us moms would never do anything to hurt our unborn child so I think they should keep there opinions to them selves. I personally would not drink castro oil lol just because I would probably gag but thats me. I understand like many other women that we get very impatient towards the end and we just want to hold and kiss our little babys so if there is anthing safe out there to do that would help bring on labor then why not?! Many people will tell me to do lots of walking but Im at the point right now that Im too lazy lol so Im just waiting. Im hoping that I will go into labor soon but if not then my doctor is inducing me next weekend just because I requested it no other reason. I will be 39 weeks by then. I had my first at 38 weeks so Im not worried...
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 9:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Cont.. about the baby not being ready or healthy enough. You are full term at 37 weeks so I think 39 is perfectly fine. But no that doesnt make any sense that people state things like that but like I said there just trying to scare you so I just ignore it.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 9:08 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Oh and by the way my son that was born at 38 weeks was also induced even though I was already having some small contractions at that point but he almost weighed 8 lbs. and was very healthy besides his jondice which any child can have that being born early or late.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 9:12 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• maybe the confusion stems from dr's. i mean , they strip the membranes, and even they say it is to start labor, and then in the next breath tell you the baby won't come until it is ready. i believe if it isn't broken then don't fix it...or if the mom or baby are not at risk then leave them be.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2010