"Braxton Hicks" contractions ???

i am 28 " weeks now and this is my 3erd baby and my frist girl....
i have "Braxton Hicks" contractions so bad it stops me and they are strong, also i fill like the baby is going to just fall out !!! is this ok ?
i have tryed walking or sitting but they just keep on and they last half a day off and on ... do u think the baby will come early ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• mine were like that with my dd. frequent and strong. she was born 3 days before her due date. but definitely tell your doc.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Call your doctor if you are concerned about anything. I bet you I drive mine crazy sometimes! lol.
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 7:07 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Okay I had this with my third baby girl and I was going crazy. My doctor kept putting me off and telling me I was paranoid. Believe it or not I had her at 41 weeks and was miserable the whole time. It never got better, my body just took it hard. The baby is healhty and happy, but I wasn't. So this may just be your pregnancy symptoms. Maybe the baby will come early maybe not.
    Mrs.Wills

Answer by Mrs.Wills at 7:11 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• My Dr always said that if you are having them so bad that they cause serious pain and stop you in your tracks to let him know.
    I let my DR know the one time it did and it was a good thing I did I was havng pre term labor symptoms, I was contracting every 3 mins. They stopped it in time but If you are hurting that bad I would let your Dr know.
    Yes it coul dmean that baby will be early.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Given what you are feeling, and being that you are only 28 weeks, I would definitely contact the doctor if I were you. Better to err on the side of caution.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 7:20 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• im going to be 36 weeks tomorrow & i get them often to i know how you feel just hang in there. I talked to my doc about it and she gave me some pills but i dont take them because im scared it will hurt the baby.
    MamaXTina19

Answer by MamaXTina19 at 7:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Im only 19 weeks with #3 and I have been having them for about 2 weeks and they are strong and hard! Talk to your doctor.
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 8:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I had this with my second child.. i called my doctor and told them and they said i was having braxton hicks and just to relax and no matter what i did the fealing never went away it lasted for a week about the end of that week i had a doctors appt for a normal checkup and they asked me if i was still having cramping which i told them was contractions and they would cont. to say there just braxton hicks but they never checked and this doctors apt they did and i was 4 cm dialted and still contracting and i was only 36 weeks pregnant by the time i got to labor and delivey i was already at 6 cm. So make the doctors check u. If the doctors wld of checked me they could of stoped it the week i was telling them so instead my son was pemature and had to stay in the hospital for 2 weeks... good luck and call ur doctor just to make sure and make them check.
    lorenzosgurl

Answer by lorenzosgurl at 9:51 PM on Apr. 8, 2010