Diaper rash

My daughter has an irritation right where her diaper rubs on the inside of her legs! It appeared right after she had a runny bm in the grocery store, and we couldn't change her right away because we had no diapers with us. On one side, it's turning into a blister! I don't know what to do, the cream rubs right off. What should I do? I feel so bad for her!

Amber211

Asked by Amber211 at 7:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Go without a diaper as long as you can. Put some vaseline on it to protect it from the diaper when she has to wear it. If it doesn't clear up, you may have to take her to the doctor.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I would take her to the doctor. If it's that bad she may need a prescription strength cream.
    tatertotsmom08

Answer by tatertotsmom08 at 7:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Let her go without a diaper until you can get her to the doctor. Sometimes just the fresh air will help clear things up. DS had a bad rash like that and I just put a long t-shirt on him and followed him around with a towel :-) It cleared up after a few hours!
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 7:49 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• It's already getting better, and it hasn't even been a full day! I did the naked thing, and cleaned it really well, and put some corn starch on it. She was like "What the heck is on my woo-hoo?" But it really helped!
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 10:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• she needs to go to the dcotr my little boy had one that turned into blsiter and they said it was a yest infection
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 11:02 PM on Apr. 8, 2010