csec. and preg(2nd)

okay here's the storys. i had my daughter in late dec. 6weeks early. had a c-section. but i had such a bad preg i was high risk and in&out of the hosp all the time. now she is 3months old. i got my period fine but i am on birthcontrol and i am due in a week and a hald for my period. but everything that happen'd when i was preg is happening aagain. is it the birth control , can i be preg. has anybody had a 2nd baby that close? i no my doc told me not to but i dont believe in abortion if i am preg id take that risk. but i have taken 2 tests this week and both where neg

i have been gaiing weight.my stomach is always upset.im always tired. please somebody is this normal. its been 3months sence i had my c-sec.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, unless you got pregnant immediately following your c-section, even if you were pregnant, it would probably be too early to be gaining weight, the upset stomach could be pregnancy, or anything. I too could never have an abortion, so I understand your fear & concern. Try to relax, the stress of worrying may cause you to have an upset stomach. I often get nauseated before my period, so it could be part of your cycle, & your body is still recovering, so it could just be recovery. If you had gestational diabetes, that can cause nausea, & it could take awhile for your sugar levels to normalize. I think that you may want to go to the doctor, & see what's causing the symptoms, just so that you can relax a little bit, and enjoy your new baby.

Congratulations on your baby. Take care of yourself, c-sections are hard on your body, and having a new baby as much as you love them takes considerable adjustment, best wishes.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• unfornuially im haveing a problem with my insurence company rite now, some how we got taken off and it takes up to 3months to get put back on it, we have never had a problem with my husbands insurence until now
    Anonymous

• i had my baby boy on december 20, 2009 and it was an emergency caesarian 9wouldn't dilate.....i had implanon (contraceptive) put in on 27th january.
    my baby is almost 4months old and i have been having exactly the same sypmtoms as u and exactly the same views as u in terms of never having an abortion.....
    i have made mu hubby buy me 3 pregnancy tests (all neg) and am always still worried that i may be pregnant!
    i started my period again 4 days ago....
    sometimes contraceptives have side effects that are verrry similar to pregnancy (nausea, upset stomach, constipation etc)....but the one most obvious side effect of contraception is weight gain.....so don't get worried....
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 8:30 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• People have their kids as soon as 4 weeks apart?! Good idea NO....but it is possible!! I was in L&D With a girl who had barely stopped bleeding after having her first before she got pregnant with her second! It was a pretty freaky situation. Three months is definitely a possiblity. And BC can DEFINITELY be the cause of feeling sick and messed up cycles. Alot of hormonal BC tricks your body into believing it IS pregnant...
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• When I started a new birth control pill it messed with my weight and gave me symptoms though I knew I was not pregnant (wasn't having sex then). You are dealing with postpartum hormones and the pill hormones; that could be the cause.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 9:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2010