Which HR bill was passed? 3590 or 3200

It is very important that I know which one was passed. In one is the micro chip in the other it is not or at least I cannot find it.

Ibelongtojesus

Asked by Ibelongtojesus at 7:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• 3590
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I just found website that syas 3590 was ditched and they adopted 4872. That is supposedly the one passed by both.
    this is frustrating. Everyone says you are to read this monstrosity and when I get halfway through one I find another version.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 7:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Not ditched, amended. The full bill is 3590. 4872 are the reconciliation changes that were passed a few days later. They are minor changes made to 3590, not an entire new bill from scratch. To read it all you have to read 3590 and 4872 side by side, and when something is in 4872, it overrides what was originally in 3590 but ONLY for the specific section specified in 4872. Sometimes it's taking things out, sometimes it's adding things in, and sometimes it's only changing a word or two.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:19 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Thank you np. I am really trying to be educated in this.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 6:49 AM on Apr. 9, 2010