I'm 28 weeks and continue to go into early labor.

I've seen my doctor and he put me on bedrest and two medicines to keep me from contracting. But sometimes I still have contractions no matter what I do. What will happen if they don't stop, I know I'll go into labor, but what will my dr do to after bedrest and meds don't help? Just wondering if anyone knew. I'm going to ask him next week.

MJ_BN_FE

Asked by MJ_BN_FE at 7:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• try to think more positively. it may sound weird, but with my twins they were born on my "this is the soonest i would want them to come" date. now i wish i had focused on a later date. drink lots of water and eat lots of good food. take your bed rest seriously. keep emotional stress to a minimum.
    good luck keeping that baby in mama!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:25 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• They will probably put you in the hospital for bedrest and watch you very closely.
    I was on procardia or however it is spelled for about 10 weeks with my daughter.It sucked.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I would think admit you to the hospital. That way they can closly monitor you and the baby. I hope the little one stays put for a while longer yet! Good Luck mama!
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 7:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I tried to invite you as a friend, but my custom message didn't go through. I've been a nurse for 30 years, 10 of which was in high risk OB. If you want to friend me, we can chat and I can try to answer your questions to the best of my ability. Good luck!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:11 PM on Apr. 8, 2010