copper iud

im planning on getting this, because my body doesnt respond well to the hormones in birth control. im having my consultation on tuesday, they said there going to do the cultures. what does that mean??

how did you like your COPPER iud??? not the mirena iud...

momma_2b_2010

Asked by momma_2b_2010 at 7:56 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Health

• my doctor will not give the copper iud (paragaurd) due to excessive bleeding and cramping experienced by patients. Every one she had put in up to that point she was asked to remove with in 6 months, so she stopped giving them out. The woman I personally know that had them (4 woman) did nothing but bitch about them and tell me not to get them. 1 woman had hers fall out after 7 months. 2 had them removed in under a year and 1 ended up with a hysterectomy (not related to the IUD but due to cervical cancer)
    Anonymous

• wow. my moms had 2, one for 8 yrs then had my 2 lil sisters when she got it removed. and one for 5 years. she loved it.
    momma_2b_2010

Answer by momma_2b_2010 at 8:34 PM on Apr. 8, 2010