im trying to conceive is there any adive you can give?

im trying to conceive this will be my first baby and my husbands 2nd is there any advice you can give me? thanks casey

cnv8286

Asked by cnv8286 at 7:59 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Have sex. A lot of it.

Answer by louise2 at 8:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I'm with Louise on this one.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 8:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Sex once every other day, chart your basal body temp. to see when you ovulate, missionary position, eat healthy, make sure you get enough folic acid, exercise, consider taking herbal supplements like chaste tree berry extract, relax, 3-4 teaspoons Robitussin(the kind that only has guaifenesin in it) 3-4 times a day to thin cervical mucus, don't smoke, don't drink, have your man wear boxers, limit caffeine, see a Dr. to make sure there aren't any fertility problems.

Anonymous

• PP gave very good advice. Look for this book: "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler (sp?). If you suspect that there is a problem after a year (or less if you are a little older), see a doctor. If they call it "unexplained" infertility, it may be endometriosis. My doctor said that he almost always find endo when he does a laparoscopy on a women with unexplained infertility. Hopefully that will never be an issue for you. GL!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:16 PM on Apr. 8, 2010