help!

My daughter is 3 years old and recently when she wakes up my husband and I have noticed that her left eye stays still while her right eye continues to move... Any idea what can cause this? Once she fully wakes up it goes away

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• maybe a bit of "lazy eye" id take her to the doc
    Anonymous

• It sounds like a LAZY EYE. Should ask her doctor about it.

Answer by louise2 at 8:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I believe I answered this question about 2 hours ago. Do you believe me now? LOL. The treatment for a lazy eye in the past was to "patch" the good eye. Lately, I've been seeing kids who are wearing glasses....the "lazy" eye actually has to exercise to improve.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• So even though the only time it has trouble is when she 1st wakes up? Any other time it works properly! Sorry I'm nervous I don't want her to need surgery or anything
    Anonymous

• My mom and two cousins have lazy eyes(amblyopia)...my cousin's eye turns in when she is tired. My mom does it always and the other cousin's only does it occasionally. Take your daughter to the eye doctor and they may correct it. My family wears contacts or glasses.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• http://www.strabismus.org/
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2010