lump on my neck

I have had this lump on my neck by my jaw, I've had it since Tuesday and it's rather large and hurts when I touch it. Or move my neck a certain way. Help?

bennysmommy816

Asked by bennysmommy816 at 8:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Health

• there are a lot of lymph nodes around the neck area. a swollen lymph node to me feels like a marble, very round. you don't have to have a fever or sore throat to have a swollen lymph node. if you are concerned, then go see your dr.
    i am sure everything is fine :)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:15 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Most likely a swollen gland.. are you congested? Feel stuffy? If you cant get to the Dr.s or urgent care, I would take a decongestant and a hot shower or bath- lightly massage your neck to move the fluids around- drink some tea and get a good night sleep :)
    Anonymous

• Sounds like a lymph node. Take 2 garlic pills 3x per day to reduce the swelling.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:49 AM on Apr. 10, 2010