Do any of you feel this way?- crossroad about belief!

I'm wondering if any other moms feel this way!
I grew up without a real religion background. When I become of age, I started going to church and was baptized Christian. But I've always struggled with being Christian. It didn't feel right for me. I didn't believe that the bible is the word of God and really had a hard time with the idea of Jesus.
I do believe in God and believe in developing my relationship with God.
I feel like I'm at a loss, I'd like to meet others with similar beliefs, but it seems to be "taboo" if you don't believe in the bible and the Trinity.
What say you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe in God just not in religion. I believe all of us were created equal and that we should treat each other & the Earth with love & respect. I have faith in God. I talk to God. I just do not practice or believe in religion simply because I think it's strictly man-made & used to have power & control over people. I think you need to figure out what YOU want. It's a personal journey and you should never feel forced into anything.
    bookworm65

Answer by bookworm65 at 7:48 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I say follow your hearts path....it is your truth. It needs not the approval of anyone else.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I grew up in anti Catholic hell. I lived in the south and the small percent of Catholics got hell.

I committed to being an adult Catholic based on my beliefs not anyone else's
    Anonymous

• OP here- the problem I'm having is that there doesn't seem to be a "church" for people that have the same beliefs I do. I've been doing some research and found that what I believe is actually called Deism, but there only recorded about 49,000 members in the US.
    I'd love to find other like minded individuals!
    Anonymous

• Religion is suppose to be a journey of discovery. I wouldn't be afraid of it, embrace it. I think it's okay to learn and read about other beliefs, sometimes it leads you right back to where you started from, sometimes it doesn'

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Have you tried the Universal Unitarians? There are some here on cafemom that are UUC and can answer your questions. I do know ALL and I do mean ALL paths are welcome with the Universal Unitarians. No one would tell you what you SHOULD and should not believe. No one should tell you how YOU feel and what to believe. That walk is yours and it is not up to anyone else to find YOUR path.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• All I know is that Yahweh is gracious and patient. Don't do anything unless your heart and soul are into it, and by that I mean settle into a faith, and baptism. Blessings.....
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 11:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Along with Unitarians, investigate the Noahides, and Judaism. :-)
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 1:10 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• You don't NEED a church to have a relationship with your diety. You are supposed to focus on the spiritual connection with your god. Yeah it is nice to have some like minded individuals to share the joy you feel on your path, but it's not necessary. I agree follow your heart's path. Be true to yourself.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:58 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Belief in God but not organized religion is agnosticism.
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 4:56 PM on Apr. 9, 2010