advice from cafemom's

hi there cafemom's my name is cindy turner and I need some advice I'm thrty one years old going on thirty two about three years ago I had a seizere that was caused by my birthcontrol and my ani stress medication interaction with each other since then I've been sufferening from migraine headachces and they have been more active in the past few months I take asprin for my hedaches but it does'nt seem to help what seems to help is vicodin but my doctor does'nt prescribe that I need help and my question is what would help me get rid of this headache and should I ask another doctor ?

lolipop178689

Asked by lolipop178689 at 8:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Health

• There are pain and migraine specialists. See if you can find one near you. I know two people who have had severe migraines for years. One had some surgery that "cured' her and the other has been on a specialized diet for several months, with no more migraines. There are plenty of treatments, you just have to find THE doctor who will work on it WITH you.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• A lot of hospitals and clinics are offereing pain management doctors or center now. I think its because regular doctors began writing way too many pin killer prescriptions. Tell your doctor your problem and request to see a migrain specialist and/or a pain management doctor. Hope your headaches go away soon! I get them sometimes too and they are horrible. I was prescribed migraine meds but they never seemed to work for me so I end up just suffering through them for 2 or 3 days.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:08 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• i would try to get off all meds, including the birth control. try for different and lower doses of the anti stress meds. sometimes getting off the bc, can leave no reason for the anti stress meds. i would drink lots of water with a little lemon, and i would eat tons of green food. i would take fish oil and good probiotics. i would try yoga for stress management. i would try chiropractic to optimize your overall health. try to google natural migraine remedies.
    i truly hope you find what you need!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I really liked happy2bmom25's answers. Also, I would try pinpointed the cause. For instance, my mom suffered severe migranes for years without knowing the trigger and then learned it was perfumes and any artificial fragrances. When she made her home fragrance free (unsencted dish & laundry detergent, bath items, personal hygeine items, etc) she was suddenly healed. It could also be stress or something you're eating (good things to start eliminating would be common allergens: gluten, soy, dairy, eggs, nuts). Start with one hypothesis and make changes (to diet, smells, daily routine, etc) and keep a diary of migranes and what you did that day.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 12:50 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• You should see a neurologist since the seizure brought on the migraines.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:48 AM on Apr. 10, 2010