Any suggestions for getting my pre-baby body shape back??

I'm wanting to tone up more than loose weight, especially my belly, I live out in the country so any club memberships would be hard to join but anything (fitness, exercise or healthy recipes) would be greatly appreciated.

Ellie15

Asked by Ellie15 at 9:02 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I am pregnant with baby number 6, I had my kids all back to back, I use P90X, it is a hard workout program, definitely worth it. You work out 6 days a week, an hour a day, and on the seventh day you rest or do yoga. I do the yoga.
    TemptMagick7

Answer by TemptMagick7 at 9:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• i wish i could afford that P90X program.
    i eat high protein, no carbs. lots of water. i walk as often as possible, and i just bought abs of steel & the biggest loser cardio max DVD's.
    i also drink envigas - www.enviga.com
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• no carbs is so bad for you. people are very misinformed about carbohydrates...the fact is there are good carbs and bad carbs. the good carbs which you would find in pasta and bread cause the body to release insulin so you actually burn fat more quickly. also it gives you energy.
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• oh and op i'm currently studying to become a personal trainer. the best nutrition plan is high protein, lots of veggies, eat 6 small meals a day, always eat a high carb meal about an hour before a work out. hard cardio and target exercises will get you back to pre baby body in no time. work out every other day for at least 45 minutes
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:27 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• oh and drink lots of water but not too much because you could get water intoxication, also don't drink a lot during a work out, drink a lot before and after the work out
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• eat as naturally as you can...the further a food is from its natural state, the less goodness it has for you. put your baby in the stroller and walk. walk faster and farther over time. do squats and lunges, maybe check your library for some pilates workout videos. i think a good starting point for the amount of water to drink is 1/2 your body weight in oz of water a day, and then a little more b/c you are working out.
    i wish you great luck and great health!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:55 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Eat Healthy. You don't have to cut out junk, sugars, carbs, or any other foods that dieters try to get you to cut out. Just remember to eat it in moderation. Even Fruits and Veggies, which carry lots of sugars, can be fattening in excess. Small portions, three well balanced meals a day, and junk in moderation. I would cut out soda though, as that in general isn't good for you. The artifical ingredients and high amounts of sugar counteract your weight loss goals and cause you to maintain weight.

Cardio is the best way to lose weight. Do 20-30 minutes of cardio a day. Yoga or Pilates are the best way to tone up. They also help relax you, strengthen core muscles, and help your posture.

My advice .. Get a Wii with a Wii Fit Board. The Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus are amazing workout routines. Plus, it keeps track of your progress and gives you great tips on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:58 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• How long has it been since your baby was born? I know everyone's different but this is just how it was with me:

DS is almost 7 months old. I gained 35, lost 15 within 2 weeks and then stayed at 150# forever. I thought I would always be there. I walked as much as possible (but not every day) but I wasn't cutting back on eating much. One week I got sick of it and cut way back for just a couple days. Lost 5 lbs, just like that! And it stayed off. Recently I had a stomach problem and stopped eating in the evening. Lost 6 more! So I'm trying not to stress and just let it happen. I have 10 lbs to go, and I'm going to not worry about it for another year. Between now and then I might try cutting out supper again....
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• If you are in the country and money is an issue hit the streets and run. Try the couch to 5k program, you find it online for free.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 10:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• have you considered richard simmons videos?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Apr. 10, 2010