my 3 mnth old doesn't want to nurse???help

The last time she nurse was at 11:00 a.m this morning & now its almoust 6:00 pm. she has a little cough but nothing serious. yes i took her to the dr.s. he said that is do to a stuffy nose i clean it really well & she still refuses to nurse. she is EBF & she love to nurse. Every time i put her in any kind of position to nurse she cries & cries none stop. I also ask her dr. if she might be teething & he said no its to soon. Im going crazy. I tried different position, the left & right breast caring her laying down standing up nothing. she just turns her head the other way & cries. what wrong w/her im so worried. No Fever please any advise. have any of you been thruw this im going crazzy.

she started w/this last nigh.. I don't know what to do any more.

Bless2haveU

Asked by Bless2haveU at 9:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try feeling her belly to see if its harder than normal, if it is she could be constipated really bad or have gas.

I love that you got so much help here, and I hope it helps. (I'm really glad you havent decided to give a bottle, like I said in my first post, it was a big mistake for me to do)
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 8:44 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• if it were me, i would pump and try to give it in a bottle. But think long and hard about this one. My son was a very lazy sucker, and my supply suffered because of it. he hadn't gained his birth weight back at 3 months, so i pumped and gave it to him in a bottle. he never nursed again.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 9:08 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• all babies eat less when they're having trouble breathing. if she's still having wet and dirty diapers it's not a big deal. maybe you could try (gasp!) a bottle so she can sit up while she's eating.
    Anonymous

• that anon :08 is an ass
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 9:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• She is not too young to be teething.....see if she likes you to rub her gums.

Try a vaporizer or hot steamy bathroom.

Maybe her tummy hurts. Like gas.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Um, tell your doctor that babies can be BORN with teeth; it is never too soon for teething.

If her nose is clogged you can try sucking it with a bulb thingy and possibly use saline drops. You can also try teething remedies and see if they work.

Try posting in a bf group.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 9:12 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Did she get checked for an ear infection? My daughter did that when she had an ear infection bc it only hurt when she sucked. Besides that I have to say that both of my kids went through a phase around 3-5 months old where they would cry when put to the breast-for no reason. They would not nurse as often as normal and when I would go to nurse they got all upset. I just made sure they were not dehydrated and only nursed when they were interested. Sometimes they would only nurse two or three times a day-but were otherwise happy. As long as you have her checked and there I nothing medically wrong and she is not dehydrating....it will pass and she will start some new behavior that will have you questioning what is going on. Both of my kids were extended bf and everytime I thought I had them figured out they would start a new odd nursing behavior-so hang in there-you will get thru it.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 9:12 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I would try a new ped and also the hospitals usually have someone who can give you tips and help on breastfeeding.
    Anonymous

• Here's a trick to help clear the nose...express some breastmilk and put some drops in her nose. It will help.

You can also change positions so she's sitting more upright while she nurses. You don't have to have a baby laying across your lap to nurse...that's a common misconception.

Drop by the Brastfeeding Moms group for more help.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:25 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Oh, yes. Breastmilk is an antibacterial agent; you can use it as nose drops and ear drops.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 9:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2010