Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

gettin out without a job or money?

my marriage so broke its beyond repair. he doesnt pay bills on time cause he needs spending money, but i never see any of that spending money come back into our home. he puts me down..doesnt matter what i do its never good enough. he insist on being friends with young trashy women and give them more attention than me and i when i bring up that it hurts and i feel disrespected he turns it back on me and makes me look like the one with the problem or bring up how my ex bfs are acting in current their current relationships even though i have nothing to do with them or their current transgressions..its like he looks for a reason to fight..i just cant deal anymore. i dont have a job and having a hard time finding one, i have no one to turn to, my siblings and parents are barely making ends meet..i just feel stuck any ideas?


Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • You could file for a student loan or grant and use the money left over from tuition to get you a cheap place to live. Some motels are by the month so you wouldn't need to put down deposits on utilities. Then you could get the school to help you find a job.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

  • Try temp agencies for jobs

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

  • I don't know how many children you have, but consider looking for a position as an babysitter or housekeeper in someone's home, sometimes they will allow you to bring your own child with you. Or look for a single mom with a spare room, who could use childcare in exchange for rent. I know it's hard to find a job right now, and my heart is with you. Until you find a way out, try to put away any money you can get your hands on, where he can't find it, if you have items you can sell on craigslist, consider doing that and putting the money away.

    Good luck

    Answer by ohwrite at 9:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

  • There are women shelters. Try filing for unemployment and getting into rent assisted housing. Go to or your local government website to find one in your area. Maybe if you file for unemployment and move in with a family member you could help out with their bills. Making the situation better for the both of you. There are options. I can imagine it's hard, but from the sounds of it it's better then what you have right now. You deserve better.

    When it comes to looking for a job anything is better then nothing. Even if the job doesn't sound appealing .. janitor, fast food clerk, etc .. It's better then where you're at now. So just apply everywhere, and remember to do call backs a week after applying. So employees know you're interested.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:49 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

  • welfair

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

  • Welfair??

    You uneducated welfare losers can't even spell!

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

  • Jazzlike mraz has some very good idesa/ also look in the first few pages of the phone biook. there r many agencies that can help. u didnt say if u r married. if u separate he would hv to pay temporary support. check with legal aide too. good luck. please dont stay just because u think u hv no where else to go. there is always an answer if u look hard enough. good luck.

    Answer by emily1234 at 10:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2010