Blood in my vomit what could it be so scared?

Hey am 14 weeks pregnant and I just vomited blood and It was alot is something I have to worry about what could it be some advice I am very nervous

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• could be an ulcer...that's usually what causes bloody vomit
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Did you have any grape juice...I dranksome while pregnant and threw up what looked lke bloody vomit. It was the juice. I found out after calling the doc and them telling me. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:26 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Was it bright red fresh blood? If so it might have been from your throat. If it looks black you should be more worried. I would call the hospitals or your insurances 24 hour nurse hotline most are free and ask them. You might need to make an appt. If it was just once and nothing happens again the appt can probably wait until in the morning but if you continue to do so I would go ahead and go in. Also the AP is right several foods can cause the illusion of blood, tomato soup did that to me once...
    Anonymous

• It could be a lot of things. I am not pregnant but just went to the er yesterday for this. They found out that I had a tear in my esophageuos but whenever you vomit blood it needs to be checked out right away especially if you are pregnant.
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 9:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2010