What am I supposed to do when I'm on bedrest and my husband won't take care of our 2 yr old?

He says he's too sick. But I think he's full of it, he seemed perfectly fine to me earlier today and last night, but he's been claiming for days to be seriously sick. I had the flu last week, vomiting and diarrhea, and I still helped some with the kids. Now I'm on bedrest... and I'm STILL helping with the kids, I'm not supposed to be up unless I'm peeing or showering. He doesn't seem to care much. He gave me crap earlier about if he used a washcloth to wipe her off then when was the washcloth going to be washed. are you f'in kidding me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• He was at the drs office with me, he knows the risks. My mom comes every day but she expects him to care for her when she's at home, She is his kid.
    Anonymous

• I would have you Dr explain it all to him. What a butt, I am sorry . DO some research on dads helping and why bedrest is so important when the Dr tells you to stay on bedrest. Also let him know that if the reason that the Dr put you on bedrest doesn't get better then the Dr could send you to the hospital for bedrest there.
    A lot of women end up in the hospital for bedrest because they can't do it at home.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:54 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• CRY! awww I will cry for you! WAAAAA....My biggest fear with my pregnancies after my first was bedrest because my SO can't handle it all! I would still be up doing it and when placed on bedrest that is not good! I am for the hospital thing and I am sure that is not where you want to be but if its really serious and putting the baby at risk I may explain to your doctor the sitaution you have. I would try to talk to him but if he is like mine he may just hear it go in then out again!
    Anonymous

• I agree with Mrs. Owen86. Explain it to him. I was on bedrest, but thankfully it was with my first baby, so the only thing I had to take care of was myself. Good luck!
    lesliejane50

Answer by lesliejane50 at 9:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• if you end up in the hospital he would have no choise but to take care of the 2yr. is your mom near by maybe she can come for a visit
    northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 9:58 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Been there, done that. I just did what I could, which wasn't much and he eventually started helping out because he wanted meals and clean laundry.
    Anonymous

• Sorry he is doing this. I was lucky and was on bedrest during my first pregnancy so I didn't have any other kids to watch. Bedrest sucks. See if you can make an appointment with your doctor that he will go to and then have the doctor explain to him that if you don't stay off your feet you can in up in the hospital on bedrest or the baby can be born early.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 10:11 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I will never understand why you women keep having babies with men that don't help out.
    Anonymous

• Did someone tell you that mothers aren't suppose to get sick.
    Anonymous

• I think you should call your closest lady friends and relatives to come help with the best rest. Even if you're husband was perfectly healthy, and wonderfully helpful, he would still have to leave the house to work or run errands leaving you alone with your kid.

...no matter what, you need help mama - pick up that phone and get it!
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2010