what would you do

When my husband and I got married it was a simple JOP wedding. He promised me a renewal and told me to find my perfect gown- and I did. 3 years later that renewal doesn't look like it will happen and I am not even sure if we will remain married much longer. I kind of want to keep the dress anyway in hopes that one day I can still wear it, but does that seem wrong? It is so perfect for me and I love it so much. I am so torn as to the "right" thing to do here.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd pack the dress up and keep it.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• If you don't think that you guys are going to remain married for much longer (sorry to hear that by the way)... Why would you want to keep the dress?
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 10:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Well it sounds like you are pretty sure you want out ,so i dont get why you are mad about not being able to re-do this.Who payed for the dress and does he want out too? i hope things work out for you mommy :(
    Anonymous

• Are you going to have your ring for your second marriage too?
    Anonymous

• When all is said and done, the dress is just pretty fabric...I don't think you'd be deeply affected whether your kept it or not.
    Anonymous

• Would you really want to wear a dress, even though it is beautiful and perfect, that reminds you of a failed relationship? I'd just let it go and get a new one when you have a fresh relationship.
    Anonymous

• If you love the dress keep the dress! : )

It's unfortunate that you figure you won't be married much longer. : ( I hope everything works out for you both to the best.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 10:16 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• its your dress to keep/ u never wore it so if u like it save it and maybe u will b able to wear it sometime in the future. it has nothing to do with right or wrong, its yr decision to make and b comfortable with and if i were in yr situation i would keep a dress i loved and never had the chance to wear. good luck
    emily1234

Answer by emily1234 at 10:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• "Would you really want to wear a dress, even though it is beautiful and perfect, that reminds you of a failed relationship? I'd just let it go and get a new one when you have a fresh relationship."

I see this a little differently. You never wore the dress BECAUSE your marriage never fulfilled itself. I think if it were me, I would keep the dress as a sign of hope for a marriage that WILL be fulfilling. You never got to wear that dress while your husband took you i his arms and said "I do". So the dress isn't a sign of your marriage to him.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• are u focusing more on the wedding.. or the marriage? you are married.. JOP wedding or not, y'all pledged 2 love each other 4 better or worse.. a wedding is one day.. a marriage is a lifetime. since u already have the marriage.. the wedding will be an expensive party. is it the exchanging vows in front of others? is it the declaration of his love in public?.. whatever it is.. a big wedding isnt going 2 fix your marriage.. its one day. One day honey. let the lifetime u have be the real wedding. not a silly day where everyone puts on the faces that are for cameras and the party. let the "honeymoon hangover" be your wedding. the reality. the kids, dogs barking, dirty dishes in the sink, morning breath, undies on the floor, etc.. be your wedding. its whats real anyway. the dress is something u wear once and put in a closet. the hubby is what u have 4ever.let y'alls luv b whats special. JMO.. wishing u the best :)
    Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 11:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2010