Do your kids ask you questions,

but then never believe the answer you give them? Mine do that all the time. I hate it. My hubby does it sometimes, too. Then, when they hear it from someone else, they believe it. IDK why I even answer them.

Raine2001

Asked by Raine2001 at 10:27 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• my 3 year old does it a lot. she says "no way!" all the time. i just have to laugh and say "yes way!"
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:30 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• lol yeah! i started telling them outrageous things when i got annoyed. like "mom, why do we have to eat carrots?" instead of saying "to help your eyesight" i say something like "because if you dont eat them, they'll multiply and take over the world. then it'll be them eating us!" you might as well have fun with it. even if you tell them the correct answer, they're still going to reply with the classic "nuh uh!"

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 10:34 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• It's good! It means they have a mind of their own!
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 10:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• My son has this Transformer car thing. He pointed to the Camaro bowtie and asked me what it meant. I told him it was for a Camaro. He didn't believe me. Geez. He kept asking me. Finally he drew it, and I yelled at him. THEN he believed me. I think they like when I yell.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Raine ... it's the Chevy (Chevrolet) Bowtie, not just the Camaro. =)
    Anonymous

• How old are the kids? Maybe they are picking up on it from their Dad? My DH sometimes does that too... I'll make some point or say how something went down and he doesn't believe me and will ask someone else... and I'll be like, that's what I said. IDK why they do that. I guess maybe I do it too sometimes. Weird.

Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 12:35 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• When that happens, I always give a hearty "SEE! Mommy knows. You'd best learn that. The sooner the better."
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:57 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Yeah, I actually told him Chevy bowtie, don't know why I said Camaro. I told him Bumblebee is a Camaro. For the longest time, and still, they think Bumblebee is a Mustang.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 9, 2010