do ppl know when they have an ugly baby/kid?

I know every parents sees their child as the cutest/smartest ever. But do those with the honestly ugly kids know that other people think that their child is ugly??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm pretty sure the other answers on here have proven that no, no one can tell that they have an ugly baby :D And I've seen some UUUUUUGLY babies, even in my own family!

I was terrified of having an ugly baby, and I got lucky and had a gorgeous boy who gets tons of compliments all the time (I actually had one lady in the grocery store GASP and tell me she'd never seen a baby with such a perfect face, lol)... now I'm worried that my new baby due in September (with a different guy) will not be as beautiful as my son. Oh well... guess we'll see... and I'll probably never notice if it isn't, lol!
    coffee.crisp

Answer by coffee.crisp at 1:01 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I don't think so. It comes naturally.
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 10:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• iv often wondered. when my dd was a baby she wasnt that "cute" but of course i thought she was beautiful. now she is 3 and everyone is always saying how adorable she is.
    Anonymous

• lol my sister admitted that her second child was an ugly baby. she was, but now she's one of the prettiest 6 yr old girls i've ever met. my younget son got a bad (ok down right terrible) haircut once, and i could barely look at him. i even cried (privately) about how ugly my son suddenly was lol! but his hair grew back and he's cute as ever now.
    Anonymous

• Don't know, don't have that problem. HA! just kidding. When I was pregnant I always worried I'd have an ugly kid. Luckily he's pretty cute but I will admit sometimes I think other people think he's cuter than I think he is. LOL that sounds bad, but regardless he is BEAUTIFUL to me and any parent that doesn't feel that way about their own child not matter what other people think has a problem!
    Anonymous

• MY FRIEND HAS A 6MO OLD AND HE IS NOT VERY CUTE. HIS PERSONALITY IS ADORABLE BUT HE IS JUST HOMELY. WHENEVER PEOPLE SEE HER BABY THEY COMMENT ON HOW CHUBBY HE IS. EVEN TO THE EXTENT OF CALLING HIM FAT. OR THEY COMMENT ON HIS CRAZY HAIR. BUT NOT ONCE HAVE I HEARD SOMEONE CALL HIM CUTE, JUST HIS OUTFIT ETC. SHE IS THE ONE THAT SAYS LOOK HOW CUTE MY BABY IS! AND PEOPLE REPLY WOW HE IS SO CHUNKY!
    ITS AMUSING TO ME (LOL SORRY BUT TRUE)
    BUT HER BABY HAD A GREAT PERSONALITY AND HE IS ADORABLE TO HIS FAMILY, SO THATS WHAT MATTERS. BUT I HAVE A FEELING MY FRIEND KNOWS PEOPLE DO NOT THINK HE IS CUTE.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 10:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I think everyone thinks their child is cute. But since I've had my son, I look at other people's baby's and don't think any of their kids are cute. I don't know if its because I think my son is just cuter than their kid's or if its because their kids are really ugly. So I often wonder if people look at my son, if they think the same thing, or if they realize their baby isn't as good looking.
    Anonymous

• Ditto to anon 41! Funny, I was just talking to a friend about this today, about how now that I have my own kid, others just don't look cute to me. Some are cute, but not like mine. And a lot are just ugly! I feel horrible for even thinking it! I never thought I'd have ugly kids. I'm not gorgeous, but I have kind of a baby face, I guess, and DH is really nice and dark, so I was pretty sure we'd have good-looking kids (and a lot of people said they thought so, too, when we got together). When DS was born, I wondered if he was ugly, but so many people told me what an unusually beautiful baby he was. Now wherever I go people who see him comment on how adorable he is. So I think I'm safe! LOL!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I don't think so.
    I have a friend whose son is SO not cute (he looks like his ugly ass dad), and every time our boys play together I can't help but think about it. LOL
    I know, I'm awful, but.........
    Anonymous

• I think that my 4 year old daughter is the most beautiful little girl ever. One weekend she went to her father's house. While she was there she took an electric razor to her beautiful long red hair. My husband and I had to cut her hair very short in order to try and fix it. In some places it was all the way down to her scalp. For the next 6 months I had people telling me what a nice little boy that I had. It was embarrassing. It was even embarrassing for my daughter, who kept telling people that she was a little girl.
    hrivera

Answer by hrivera at 11:27 PM on Apr. 8, 2010