1st Haircut!

I think it's time I cut my son's curly locks :( They are just getting out of control! He's 20 months and I think he'd do okay with a hair cut but I don't know where to take him? Are there places that specialize in cutting small kid's hair? Or will a regular salon do it? Would they know what to do or are they going to ask me how I want it? Cuz I'd have no idea what to tell them!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Awe! Cutting off the curls! DH wanted to cut my sons hair when he was BORN, and I was like BACK OFF! LOL! I hope he gets curls.... Sorry, can't help you with this one. You don't want to try yourself, huh?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:56 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• There are kids places that do it. The seats are little cars and they have video games and stuff. Supposly cool, just google it and your city. One place is cool cuts 4 kids.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I use to work at Great Clips. You need to go in and say, Id like my sons hair cut- is there anyone REALLY good with little kids?
    I would always get the little kids, bc I can be very patient and I have a kid of my own :)
    Make sure its after a nap or when you know he is in the best mood.
    Bring snacks and toys.
    If you have a good stylist they will be patient and know the art of distraction! :D
    davesgirl86

Answer by davesgirl86 at 10:58 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I took my son to my beauty shop and my stylist. She wa ggod. I told her I wanted a little boy haircut, but, leave the little curls at the neckline. My son though was really great and sat still.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• MY son is 16 months, and is starting to get a mullet.hehe Everyone keeps telling me to get it cut but im super nervous he wont hold still. Hes very busy. My dh and I are thinking about taking him tomarrow.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 11:49 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I took my son around 1 year. I don't know why, I didn't have that aversion to cutting off the baby curls... maybe I'm dysfunctional? It just started looking so messy all the time!

Anyway, if you want to take him to a regular salon then just call them up and ask if they do 1st haircuts. Some salons will do them for free. If you take him to a kid place they'll be experienced with distractions. The place I went to cut a clipping and taped it to a little certificate that said "First Hair Cut" with the date, and the hair dressers name. Then they gave me an envelope with extra locks for my other books. It was really cute.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:39 AM on Apr. 9, 2010