teeth whitening

Anyone used anything to whiten their teeth other than paying the dentist to have them bleached? Did it work?
Thanks!!

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 11:03 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I have a friend who's a dental assistant who got me a teeth whitening set. It's this gel you squeeze into a form that fits over your teeth overnight. It did seem to make my teeth whiter, but it also made my whole mouth HURT. I told her and she said that's normal. I did it a couple times and then stopped because I felt like I was abusing myself for vanity! LOL!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:47 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• ive used crest premium whiting strips worked okay but not as well as you would think by the way they are advertised but a good thing was that i didnt have any tooth sensitivity after using them
    ISLUVZOLIVIA

Answer by ISLUVZOLIVIA at 11:48 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• adelicious i did the same thing with the gel and tray from the dentist, after a few times it just got TOO painful....white teeth are not worth that kind of pain...AHH i get chills thinking about how awful it was. i just use whitening tooth paste now, my teeth aren't bright white but i'm not willing to go through the pain to make them bright white
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• the rembrandt two hour white is amazing. my teeth are so white from doing it. i did it for two hours and now i do it once or twice a month for maintenance. you will get some sensitivity from it but i use sensodyne to take care of that, which also works great!

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 1:08 PM on Apr. 9, 2010