Do you have to be compensated to be a surrogate?

I'm 21 years old and I'm done having children. I have two wonderful boys and I am more than satisfied. I plan to adopt in about 10years. I love being pregnant though. I love feeling a life inside of me. I like my pregnant figure and my glowing skin. I always said that if being pregnant were a job i'd do it. So that's how I learned about surrogancy. After a lot of research I've found that getting someone to be a surrogate is very pricey. I want to know if every surrogate has to be paid a specific amount or can she do it for cheaper or even free. I mean other than the medical bills i'd be pretty ok with not being compensated. As long as I know that the people I'm carrying for are deserving. I just think that anyone who wants to experience the joy of being a parent, should get that opportunity. Can anyone give me information on surrogancy. Preferrably someone who is going through or has been through this. Thanks.

reigndrops12689

Asked by reigndrops12689 at 11:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Through the agency they ask if you would be open to keeping in touch- or if you would be ok with it being closed and over with once thepregnancy was over. The woman from the agency had said that alot of people dont mind sending pictures or emails once or twice a year.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:49 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• The amount can be discussed as far as I know. I too would love to be a surrogate.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 11:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I just recently started the process of becoming one- but I dont know how you would do it without going through an agency, and I know with an agency you get paid..
    It also depends on what state you are located in.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Thank you for your answers. I really don't want to be compensated. I'd honestly rather get to know a family then just do it. No amount of money would make me feel comfortable having a child for someone if I don't think they should be having one. Do you ladies know if there's a such thing as like an open surrogancy. Like where I can get updates about baby and new family?
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 11:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2010